- Take an empty bowl, as well as the attachments of the hand/stand mixer that you will be using. Keep them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Take a rectangular tray/cake tin (preferably square/rectangle) and a flat baking tray/storage container. Line them with parchment paper. Ensure you line the edges of the cake tin with parchment paper too.
- Break the Parle-G biscuits into two halves.
- Into a food processor/blender, add in your halved Parle-G biscuits and some (about 2/3) of the condensed milk. Blend until it forms a smooth paste. Set aside when you are done.
- Remove the bowl and attachments from the freezer. Insert the attachments to your hand/stand mixer so it is ready to use.
- Pour the cream into the chilled bowl and use the hand/stand mixer to beat. Beat until you see stiff peaks. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the prepared Parle-G paste, remaining condensed milk, cardamom and cinnamon into the bowl. Beat once more until everything is well incorporated. This shouldn’t take more than a minute.
- Using a ladle or a spoon, transfer the ice-cream mixture into the lined rectangular tray.
- Spread the ice-cream with the help of a spatula. Make sure the top surface is flat so that the sandwiches look perfect.
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil and keep it in the freezer for about 24 hours for it to set.
- Once set, remove the tray from the freezer. Remove the set ice-cream by lifting the parchment paper from the pan.
- Cover the entire top surface of the ice-cream slab with Parle-G biscuits. Gently press the biscuits so they stick onto the ice-cream. Leave a small gap between each biscuit, so that it is easy to cut through the ice-cream.
- Cut through the ice-cream, making small rectangular bars, using the biscuit as a guide/outline. Dip the knife in hot water and wipe it with a tissue/towel before every cut to help you cut the bars easily and get smooth edges.
- Place the bars in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before you work on the other side.
- Remove the ice-cream bars from the freezer. With the help of a roti turner or knife, lift them one at a time and put another biscuit on the bottom/other side. Once you have sandwiched it together, place it on the lined flat baking tray or your storage container.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining bars.
- Place the tray/storage container in the freezer for another 12-24 hours before serving.
- Ensure your double/heavy cream and condensed milk is cold before starting.
- For this recipe, I used a 32 cm x 22 cm rectangular tray to make ice-cream sandwiches that were about 3.5 cm thick (the ice-cream bars were about 2.5 cm thick).
- The number of whole Parle-G biscuits you will need in this recipe will depend on the thickness of your ice-cream bars. If you make thicker ice-cream bars, you will need fewer biscuits and vice-versa.
- You can use this recipe to make around 25 Parle-G ice-cream sandwiches however, if you want, you can make a few sandwiches and serve the rest of the ice-cream in a bowl or using a waffle cone.